The Therapeutic Care Journal
For everyone working with children and young people
Promoting Therapeutic Child Care, Social Pedagogy and Trauma Informed Practice
with articles and information to inform, stimulate and educate.
Written by and for those working within child care internationally
Our mission is to share knowledge about all aspects of care for children and young people in order to ensure excellent outcomes. The TCJ (formerly The Children Webmag) offers a range of articles and information published by those who live and work with children and young people, sharing thoughts, reflections, working notes, articles and papers to capture the ‘lived experience’ of the work. You are invited to explore the articles (over 1780 of them as at April 2019) and comment on the content.
These are the latest articles:
- International Centre News August 2021
- Review of Nobody’s Child: Growing up in a Yorkshire Children’s Home, by G. J. Urquhart
- Joint Protective Shelters for Children and Adolescents and their Mothers as a Protective Care Alternative in Brazil.
- A Day to Remember. By Keith White
- A Place Where Things Are Mended. By Keith White
- Mill Grove and Topsy. By Keith White
- Journeys of Faith for Survivors of Sex Trafficking in Cambodia. By Glenn Miles, Vanntheary Lim, and Channtha Nhanh
- The environments of residential living for children and young people under the age of 18.
- International Centre News 1 June 2021
- “My Life on the Outside”: A perspective of young care leavers on their care experience. Youth partcipation in the process of evaluation of the Brazilian National Plan of the rights of children to live in family and community