The Therapeutic Care Journal
For everyone working with children and young people
Promoting Therapeutic Child Care, Social Pedagogy and Trauma Informed Practice
with articles and information to inform, stimulate and educate.
Written by and for those working within child care internationally
Our mission is to share knowledge about all aspects of care for children and young people in order to ensure excellent outcomes. The TCJ (formerly The Children Webmag) offers a range of articles and information published by those who live and work with children and young people, sharing thoughts, reflections, working notes, articles and papers to capture the ‘lived experience’ of the work. You are invited to explore the articles (over 1780 of them as at April 2019) and comment on the content.
These are the latest articles:
- Educational Psychotherapy. By Jenny Dover
- Working with exploited children; Best practice in residential children’s homes. By Danielle Gaye
- Exploring Sylvia Pankhurst’s visit to the Little Commonwealth. By Gareth Beynon
- Children as a Gift. By Keith White
- Making Sense of War with a Child. By Keith White
- Perceptions and Attitudes towards Children’s Residential Care Homes in the Community. By Hannah Dobbs
- Zen and the Art of Quality in residential child care. By Chris Hanvey
- The land owner, the gardener, the plot and the plants. By Sean Williams
- International Centre News – 1st February 2022
- Book Review: It’s A Privilege When A Child In Care Is Delighted It’s You. R. J. (Sean) Cameron and Colin Maginn.