The Therapeutic Care Journal
For everyone working with children and young people
Promoting Therapeutic Child Care, Social Pedagogy and Trauma Informed Practice
with articles and information to inform, stimulate and educate.
Written by and for those working within child care internationally
Our mission is to share knowledge about all aspects of care for children and young people in order to ensure excellent outcomes. The TCJ (formerly The Children Webmag) offers a range of articles and information published by those who live and work with children and young people, sharing thoughts, reflections, working notes, articles and papers to capture the ‘lived experience’ of the work. You are invited to explore the articles (over 1780 of them as at April 2019) and comment on the content.
These are the latest articles:
- Early Trauma and Staff Dynamics in Therapeutic Communities. By Andrew Collie
- A world authority on group dynamics: Harold Bridger and his international connections. By Annie Lord
- What is Your Favourite Colour? By Keith White
- Relationships between siblings who have all suffered Separation and Loss. By Keith White
- Part 3: The Chab Dai Butterfly longitudinal research project, Cambodia. Authors below.
- What is the Impact of Attending Mulberry Bush School Groups on Adoptive Parents, Special Guardians and Fosters Carers? By Sophie Warrell
- Can Youth Work Underpinned by Therapeutic, Mental Health and Wellbeing Principles Promote Confidence and Resilience? By Mark Brady
- Lies and Life Stories. By Keith White
- The Father’s Day it All Came Together. By Keith White
- The Gardener and the Boy. By Keith White