The Therapeutic Care Journal
For everyone working with children and young people
Promoting Therapeutic Child Care, Social Pedagogy and Trauma Informed Practice
with articles and information to inform, stimulate and educate.
Written by and for those working within child care internationally
Our mission is to share knowledge about all aspects of care for children and young people in order to ensure excellent outcomes. The TCJ (formerly The Children Webmag) offers a range of articles and information published by those who live and work with children and young people, sharing thoughts, reflections, working notes, articles and papers to capture the ‘lived experience’ of the work. You are invited to explore the articles (over 1780 of them as at April 2019) and comment on the content.
These are the latest articles:
- International Centre News 1 June 2021
- “My Life on the Outside”: A perspective of young care leavers on their care experience. Youth partcipation in the process of evaluation of the Brazilian National Plan of the rights of children to live in family and community
- The Pandemic in India; A Therapeutic Reawakening. By Manab Bose
- Alternative Care in the times of COVID in India: Udayan Care’s Response. By Kiran Modi, Gurneet Kalra, Leena Prasad.
- International Centre News 1st April 2021
- Residential child care, the under-valued, unacknowledged and untrained profession. By Charles Sharpe
- A Little Child will Lead Them. By Keith White.
- Biography of the life and work of Charles Sharpe. By Craig Fees
- Wennington School from the perspectives of those who lived, learned and experienced it
- Resilience Tested by Lockdowns. By Keith White