The Therapeutic Care Journal
For everyone working with children and young people
Promoting Therapeutic Child Care, Social Pedagogy and Trauma Informed Practice
with articles and information to inform, stimulate and educate.
Written by and for those working within child care internationally
Our mission is to share knowledge about all aspects of care for children and young people in order to ensure excellent outcomes. The TCJ (formerly The Children Webmag) offers a range of articles and information published by those who live and work with children and young people, sharing thoughts, reflections, working notes, articles and papers to capture the ‘lived experience’ of the work. You are invited to explore the articles (over 1780 of them as at April 2019) and comment on the content.
These are the latest articles:
- International Centre News 1st April 2021
- Residential child care, the under-valued, unacknowledged and untrained profession. By Charles Sharpe
- A Little Child will Lead Them. By Keith White.
- Biography of the life and work of Charles Sharpe. By Craig Fees
- Wennington School from the perspectives of those who lived, learned and experienced it
- Resilience Tested by Lockdowns. By Keith White
- Some observations on the Life And Work of Isabel Menzies- Lyth. By Charles Sharpe
- The Long-Term Effects of Separation and Loss on Sibling relationships. By Keith White
- Readers response to our ‘Care of Young offenders’ Feb 1st edition. By John Pressley.
- Making ratios not relationships. By Beth Jay