The Therapeutic Care Journal
For everyone working with children and young people
Promoting Therapeutic Child Care, Social Pedagogy and Trauma Informed Practice
with articles and information to inform, stimulate and educate.
Written by and for those working within child care internationally
Our mission is to share knowledge about all aspects of care for children and young people in order to ensure excellent outcomes. The TCJ (formerly The Children Webmag) offers a range of articles and information published by those who live and work with children and young people, sharing thoughts, reflections, working notes, articles and papers to capture the ‘lived experience’ of the work.
These are the latest articles:
- International Centre News – 1st October 2022
- TC Elders -who and what are we?
- Institutional Discrimination in the Early Years by Jane Lane
- A facilitating environment, and what’s ‘therapeutic’? – Jane Keenan
- What have YOU done? – by Debra Doggett
- Addressing child on child abuse in a residential setting by Norman Cooke and Ewan Anderson.
- Attempting to Enter the World of Another Person by Keith White
- Oak Trees and Instagrams by Keith White
- International Centre News – 1 August 2022
- Care Leavers and Health CLA – a paper from 2017