Introducing the University of Essex Foundation Degree Therapeutic Communication and Therapeutic Organisations
We’d like to let you know about this innovative degree programme, specially designed for people who work in social care, education or mental health settings and want to progress their careers.
We think the programme is special because:-
- It is tailored for people who may have missed out on further/ higher education opportunities earlier in life.
- It only requires attendance at the University for one afternoon a week, so doesn’t disrupt working patterns.
- It brings students into contact with practitioners in other care and education settings, helping to create a “community of practice”.
- It keeps a clear focus on the nature and practice of therapeutic, supportive relationships: what they look like, how they can be disrupted, and the personal developments needed to achieve them.
- Whatever happens with Covid-19, we’re ready to start in October 2020, supporting our teaching with additional well designed online and Zoom elements.
For more information see the University website here.